Agency for Health Research Quality: Health care evidence and research within the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. Also look under Data, and Tools.
Department of Health and Human Services: A public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. NGC is an initiative of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Find your favorite YouTube teacher - Be sure to cross-reference for accuracy.
Catherine Jagos - Phoenix
1. Hand Washing: How to execute the proper handwashing technique.
2. Vital Signs: How to perform correct vital signs' measurements (i.e., blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate, temperature, and pain assessment).
3. Physical Assessment: How to perform a proper head-to-toe assessment.
1. Aseptic Technique: How to maintain a sterile technique during a nursing procedure.
2. Therapeutic Communication: How to communicate using the verbal and non-verbal therapeutic technique.
3. Specimen Collection: How to collect proper specimens, e.g., urine specimen, stool specimen, wound culture, etc.
1. Diabetes Mellitus: Foot care-How to maintain proper foot care (i.e., foot care with diabetic patients).
2. Respiratory Care: Asthma patients: How to care for patients with asthma (i.e., patient teaching) to:
1. Antepartum: Patient teaching about diet, caloric intake increases, and medications to take during pregnancy.
2. Postpartum: Patient teaching about uterine subinvolution and the high risk of UTI.
3. Pediatric teaching about the schedule of immunizations.
1. Mental Health: How to care for patients with Schizophrenia (i.e., communication with auditory hallucinations and medications regimen).
2. Leadership: How to delegate tasks to other nurses and CNAs (i.e., include the five rights of delegations).
3. Advance Med-surge: How to care for a patient with a CVA or stroke (i.e., feeding patients, the ambulating patient).
Arizona Foundation for the Future of Nursing (AzFFN): Scholarship application information.
Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association, Inc.: Awards $1,000 to a member pursuing a nursing degree.
California Nurses Association: Offers scholarship awards each academic year.
Health Resource and Service Administration Nurse Corps Scholarship Program: Funding for tuition, fees, and other educational costs.
Islamic Development Bank: Awards five, interest-free loan scholarships of $15,000 each year.
National Association of Hispanic Nurses - Los Angeles Chapter: Scholarship application information.
The National Black Nurses Association (NBNA): Scholarship application information.
ANA (American Nurses Association): Promoting high standards in nursing and advancing the rights of nurses in the workplace through Videos.
Head-to-Toe Assessment (Duke University): YouTube video. Captions and transcript available. Check for accuracy with your instructor. (2009)
Medscape Videos: Comprehensive clinical information for medical professionals.
Mosby's Nursing Skills Videos: Click under "Select a Category" then "Select a Skill", then "Procedure Video". (2014)
Procedure Videos: Interactive clinical content (New England Journal of Medicine).
Surgery to Systems to Pharmacology: Videos and playlists by a junior physician. Always cross-reference for accuracy.
Pediatrics Video:Videos dedicated to the health of children
Anatomy Terminology: Review anatomical topics.
Angio Calc: Cerebral and peripheral aneurysm calculator.
Biology: Review biology and chemistry topics.
Career: Get clarity on concepts.
eSkeletons: Interactive environment to examine and learn about skeletal anatomy (Department of Anthropology, UT-Austin).
Innerbody: Explore Human Anatomy
Merck Manual: Comprehensive medical information.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN): Nursing regulatory knowledge.
National League for Nursing Education Statistics: Premier organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education.
National Student Nurses Association (NSNA): Standards, ethics, skills to develop nursing students to lead the profession.
Nursing Calculators: Calculate dosage, IV rates, infusion time, etc.
Nutrition.gov: National Agricultural Library Food and Nutrition Information Center.
Online Journal of Issues in Nursing (OJIN): Addresses current topics affecting the nursing practice, research, education and health care.
Prescribers' Digital Reference: All drug information from the classes of the drugs, to their brand name and uses.
American Nurses Association - Nursing World: Legislative information, policy papers, American Nurse and Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT): Enforces education requirements, standards of practice for licensing and regulatory purposes.
California Vocational Nurse Educators: Supporting vocational nursing throughout California.
National Nurses United: The largest union and professional association of registered nurses in U.S. history.
National Student Nurses Association (NSNA): Standards, ethics, and skills for developing nursing students to lead the profession.
Arizona State Health Assessment: By the Arizona Department of Health, 2019.
California County Health Status Profiles 2018: Statistics by county and for the state on STI incident rates, death rates, and health rates.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Topics on public health.
Maricopa County 2017 Coordinated Community Health Needs Assessment: Community health status report and incidence rates.
National Center for Health Statistics: Statistics on topics of public health importance with links to statistics' publications.
National Library of Medicine Drug Resource Guide: Drug names by categories.
P=Population, problem, medical condition
I=Intervention: therapy, diagnostic test
C=Compare interventions or 1 intervention to no intervention
TRIP (Turning Research Into Practice): Clinical search engine that quickly and easily finds and uses high-quality research evidence to support practice and/or care.
American Association for Clinical Chemistry: From the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, a resource for patients and caregivers, as well as health professionals, for understanding and reviewing lab tests and procedures.
Almost a Nurse: A nursing student's journey to become a nurse and his challenges in the profession after graduation.
Drexel Medcast: Health care topics for nurses and doctors (Drexel University College of Medicine Health).
Geriatric Nursing: Lectures for nurses interested in this field.
iTunes New Nurse Podcast: A "new" nurse's professional and personal perspective on ICU skills.
Medscape Nurses Podcast: The latest medical news and features.
Nursing Podcast by NRSNG (NCLEX® Prep for Nurses and Nursing Students): Hosted by critical care nurse and NCLEX Educator, Jon Haws.